You track your payroll…Your workouts…Your mileage…
Why not track…Your Nutrition Habits!
When it comes to hitting your goals, keeping track of what you do every day is important!
Tracking your nutrition will help you…
- Keep accountable to WHAT you are putting into your body
- Keep accountable to HOW MUCH you are putting into your body
- Become aware of what your day-to-day meals look like and figure out if they align with your goals
- Figure out if what you are eating has you feeling great or feeling poorly!
How to get started with tracking your foods:
- Download a food-tracking app (like myfitnesspal, MyMacros+, or Cronometer)
- Explore the app. Play around with searching and finding the foods you’re eating, discover the barcode scanners for quick, easy logging, check out the recipe guides and logs to custom input your favorites.
- Take a few days to try tracking. Don’t expect perfection on Day 1 or quit if you don’t get it immediately…you will not log everything the first day, you’ll forget, get frustrated you can’t find something quickly, feel clueless how to even log a certain food item…that is fine. You’ll learn as you go and each little bit helps make a difference.
- Track and plan a day ahead: click forward to the next day in the app and input foods you plan to eat on that day. With the majority of your meals and snacks in place, see where your calorie total is and how many grams of protein, carbohydrates and fats you have planned out. Then if something seems too high or too low, make any adjustments by adding in or removing anything as needed!
- Knowing what your calories and macronutrients should be exactly takes some science and an experienced eye to make sure you are getting it right, so don’t stress at first on WHAT those numbers are. just log. Notice how you feel during and after each day following certain meals and specific foods, then adjust accordingly to repeat the type of days that have you feeling great!