From Quarantine, everyone has been forced into home-cooked meals almost every night (except for those nights you can order pick-up from your favorite local restaurant!)
If you and your family are getting bored of your usual rotation, mix it up with this recipe from Coach Anna, one of her favorite go-to meals that is inexpensive to put together and super easy, low maintenance to cook! Check it out below, if you use this recipe, take a photo and tag us @crossfitop on IG!!
Easy, Homemade Quesadillas
20 oz Chicken
¾ – 1 Cup of Shredded Cheese (Mexican/Tri-blend is best)
1 can of Rotel Tomato and Green Chili (no sodium added)- drain liquid first
½ – ¾ cup Black Beans (from a can is fine- drain first)
½ – ¾ cup of shredded carrots (optional)
Mission Burrito Super Soft Tortillas 20 oz
- Options as far as cooking the chicken:
- Chicken in a can will need to be cooked first in a pan with any seasonings such as cumin, chili seasoning, paprika, black pepper, Himalayan sea salt, oregano, etc.
- Frozen chicken will need to be thawed out and then cooked in a large pot. Bring the chicken to a boil and then bring down to a simmer for 1 hour and 40 minutes to max sure it cooks through and falls apart easily.
- In a bowl, mix together the black beans, tomato and green chili, carrots, and cilantro. Add chicken into the bowl and mix thoroughly once chicken is cooked.
- Line a large frying pan with unsalted butter or vegetable oil (lightly), turn the heat on Medium, and wait for it to heat up. Once warm, place one tortilla on the pan, fill with as much mix (I used 2 large serving spoons per tortilla) as you’d like, cover with the other half and press the edges.
- Flip every 30-45 seconds so the sides brown evenly.
- Cut into halves or quarters and enjoy!
6-Step Homemade Guacamole
4 Med-Large Avocados
2 Roma Tomato
1/8 Red Onion
1 Jalapeno (optional)
1) Dice the tomatoes, jalapeno, and onion any which way. The smaller the better. Cut up about 1-2 tablespoons of cilantro (flavor is in the eye of the beholder.
2) Mash the avocados in container of choice.
3) Mix in all of the veggies into the avocado mash, squeeze lime juice over everything, and mix thoroughly. Add salt to taste and enjoy!